Date registered: Mar 2008
Vehicle: 2009 E350 4Matic
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Frozen rotor removal 2001 - E320
I am getting ready to do my front brakes and I try to prepare myself in case of frozen rotor as I will have really limited time in my friend garage to do swap so no time to waste.
- I bought PB spray (penetrating formula)
- Rent 11" Jaw Puller
- Since there is a cap in center of axle how can I use this puller as I remember this is delicate metal cap that will not allow me to secure jaw puller shaft on it.
- If I remove this cap is there a bearing placed on shaft?
- Is shaft end cut with cone shape to support the jaw puller tip? (If not how to securely support jaw puller to remove rotor?)
- How to gently remove and attach metal cap to avoid any damage.
Thanks in advance for info as I believe somone who dealt with this issue can reply in 2 sentences all my concerns. Have a great weekend!!