LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking at my 1st MB - C class

Im looking at the 2012 C class and figured the C300 was the best fit because of the V6. The dealer suggested I give the C250 a try because he thought performance wise I wouldn't miss much (he doesn't have a C300 in stock but will get one if that's what I decide on).

After researching more I'm thinking possibly the C350 would be nice because of the HP boost to 300. I plan on driving all three to see how I feel, but I'm curious on thoughts that you all might have. I'm epically interested if you have driven/compared/owned any of the three.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: w211 E320 wagon 4M / Bluetec / Ford SD. Seeking affordable diesel pushmower
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
Are you a power freak? COME ON, admit that to us.
300 HP in small car is huge. I had 300 HP in heavy Bimmer and had to go easy on acceleration or my wife would panic.
Sounds like gas and maintenance money is not an issue?
Have fun with test drives
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Ha ha, not really a HP freak, but it is intriguing.

For some reason, I'm having a hard time coming to terms that I might spend close to $40K on a four cylinder (turbo I know) car.

And maitenance is a very big issue, why do you mention that? Is the C class bad about that?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
I tried all 3

I tried all 3 and could not feel that much of a difference. I've been explained that the turbo makes up for the difference in HP. Interesting enough the 250 has more torque than the other two, so it feels good on a start. I think the 350 is a great choice, sometimes I feel a little bit of a buzz (vibration) and I think is because the car could use more juice.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: