Date registered: Apr 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can faulty MAF cause fuse to blow?
I have a 2005 C240 wagon, 4Matic, with 56K miles. It has been idling rough for a while (even after the Mercedes Service A). On Sunday, as I rolled to a stop, the car died. I had to have it towed back to my house.
Here is what I have done.
1. replaced 5A fuse at number 48.
2. replaced crank position sensor.
3. recently replaced spark plugs.
4. checked all coils for adequate spark (with spark tester, not ohm meter)
5. observed running engine in dark -- no visible arcing
6. cleaned MAF with electrical cleaner.
7. replaced fuel filter.
Once I replaced the fuse, the car started immediately. However, there is obviously a reason for the fuse to blow.
Can a bad MAF (which will cause rough idle/missing) cause the #48 fuse to blow?
What else could cause this fuse to blow?