post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
mercedes s class tail lights staying on

Hi to all members,

i have a mercedes s-class that is giving me trouble for the last 4days and i am really stuck with it. wonder if someone can help me. basically the tail lights keeps staying on and the abs light on the cluster stays on as well. as soon as i turn the ignition on and goes off as soon as the ignition is switched off. i have checked all the fuses on the car changed the brake light switch and even changed all the modules from another car to the one i am having trouble with. i even checked the break in the two taillight wires and all seems to be fine tho. so i do not understand what can be the cause of this. BUT when i turn the ignition on and disconnect the small block connector on the ESP control module on the right fusebox the connect which is next to the two CAN cables the light goes out and everything works as normal but abs light still stays on. i had connected my original star diagnostics machine and the faults i get in the ESP module is the stop lamp fault with the fault code c1200 and the other one is c1024 something to do with EIS CAN fault. i hope someone can help me with this issue i am having. thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: