post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2012
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post My new 2012 e550 hates me, Constant issues with the car

Hi everyone,

So my car officially hates me. I bought a new 2012 E550 fully loaded in december of 2011. And ever since I picked up the car I had nothing but problems. I think i spent most of my time with my car at the dealership since I got back almost 3 times a week.

So first problem, Once I picked up the car in december the brakes screeched and there was a ticking sound. I called and made an appointment and brought my car in to service. It took them 3 days and they returned my car saying its all fixed. Nothing was fixed and the same problems happened again. This repeated about 3 times until the 3rd time my service rep called me and said theres nothing they can do as apparently they "can't hear the problem". I told them that is not right because you had my car in for 3 times now and after a month now your telling me you can't hear the sound. I came back to the service department and after my argument i went on a test drive with the service assistant manager, he heard the problem and they kept my car in for a couple more days. They gave it back to me and said a wire was loose. Did it fix the problem? NOPE, same problem kept happening, same ticking sound, brakes screeched. I had enough of the lousy service so I called MB head office canada and complained about the problem. Then the service manager called me and asked me to bring the car in one more time, i did and they help it for about 2 weeks giving me a loaner car (C280). They said they replaced all brakes, and replaced my front seats, also replaced my wheel bearings. I drove away and Im happy that the sounds are gone. After 3 months the problem is all solved. Now just recently more problems came up.

My throttle when accelerating will have a weird...kind of non responsive feeling. For example when I'm accelerating it feels as if the car is in high gear and the acceleration is slow, but the rpm is also low, meaning the car is not revving loud or high. Also the blind spot assist keeps going off as well as the pre safe brakes keep beeping at me. These will happen at least 2-3 times a week. Jeez more problems -_-

So hopefully on monday i can bring the car in and they can fix the problems. but honestly this is a new car and these problems should not be coming up especially so frequently. I bought a new car so i can get away from all the hassles.

Does anyone else have the same problems?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 AM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld, sorry to hear of your troubles, as this is the 2012 version there is little to compare it against. Start a new thread on this link and lets see if any fellow owners of this model can shed some light.

W212 E-Class - - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: