mBrace - general question for all who have it - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2011 E550 Cabriolet, Diamond White, Black top and interior, many options
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
mBrace - general question for all who have it

Hi all,

I have a new 2012 SKL350. It has mBrace. First, there are annoying high pitched tones/squeals when the thing is first connecting. I've heard "everyone" has that.? True? Can the volume of those squeals be reduced somehow?

Also generally, I find the voice quality not good. The mBrace person's voice cuts in and out occasionally, hard to understand.

I had a GM car with Onstar, and the voice quality was perfect and no tones.

Any advice? This stuff normal? Or should I return it to the dealer? (they did tell me all mBrace users get those tones so I fear they will say everything is normal for the unit). Thx!

Any input/experience/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 2013 GLK350, 1995 E300 Diesel
same here.

I have the same annoying high pitched "blip" at the moment of connection with the mBrace system in my 2011 E350. The only thing I try to do is right before it connects, i hit the down volume button the steering wheel and it seems to make it softer. The quality is good most of the time but at times is can be a little hard to hear. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that it is a satellite relay instead of cell tower.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2012
Not sure if you have figured this out but the volume of Mbrace connection and the navigation system can be adjusted by the steering wheel controls but only while these are in use. This is not hard to catch for Mbrace but sometimes the navigation has finished speaking before getting the chance to raise/lower the volume and it goes back into "radio" mode and you no longer making adjustments to nav volume. Also, I was very annoyed by the noises made during the "hang up" process and while I was showing the service manager, he just reached over and pushed the 'end call' button on the steering wheel (or dash). I was always waiting for Mbrace to hang itself up and those beeps and screeches are worse than the call connect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in