BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2012
Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes R350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New r350 owner -2006
First Mercedes venture, long time BMW owner but was looking for a 3row and ended up with a really nice 2006 R350.
- metallic pewter exterior
- macademia interior (palomino)
- panoramic roof
- Harman Kardon
- leather heated seats
- lift gate
- rear self leveling (no full
And maybe a few more things
I'm mechanically inclined worked at auto shops many years ago, so like to learn and do as much as possible myself but know my limits. So far I've done a few things, seem to be common issues:
- took it to the dealer for a transmission service and and oil change. They also checked out the whole car, nothing major found just a few things that I took care of below.
- replaced leaky o-ring in Power steering reservoir, new one was different shape obviously a factory issue as old one was not worn out. No more leak.
- replaced all four cam magnets, the two exhaust where throwing a code: p0015 and P0025, other two changed as a precausion as originals seem to fail, no more Codes now
- replaced both rear suspension bags with arnott ones, car now level all the time, compressor working less, was a simple task.
-replaced all 3 cam plugs,dealer said where leaking, I didn't see evidence but done now anyway.
- replaced air filter
- parking break lever was missing, installed new one.
- will replace the cabin filter next
The car looks like new inside and out, been asked if it was new a couple of times , but has 80k miles.
I'm happy with it and found the few things I did surprisingly easy to do. Not crazy about paying $460 for a transmission service but thought it best to trust the dealer on that one. Its my wife's main car now but off course it my job to keep things proper.
I'll be posting questions soon I'm sure, so far I've learned a lot from this forum , thank you all!