Mercedes should unveil a new Class in the future (Classics come back!!) - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 82' Euro 240D 84' 300D 01' SLK320 6 Speed Sport!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes should unveil a new Class in the future (Classics come back!!)

For any of us enthusiasts out there who own a nice looking "classic" Mercedes, you are fully aware of the compliments that you receive. It is without any dout that the new generations of Mercedes Benz have gone to a more aggressive look and strayed away from traditional classy lines. If you were to look at an older W108 you would say its on par or there abouts with a Rolls Royce in looks and styling. However the new Mercedes, dare I say it, only distinct themselves from other cars by simply the three point badge.

The Hyundai Genesis is a spitting image of a MB...or is it the other way around? If you noticed the tail lights on most all new generations of cars looks the same, well your right. The newest E class looks a lot like a Camry from the back, and if I were the head of Mercedes design department, personally I would consider this a big problem. Will Mercedes realize this and change their cars more toward old world styling? No, of course not. But if the economy picks back up, in the future I think there is a definite market out there for old world styling and craftsmanship.

Hence something along the lines of the Mercedes Benz K class, or Klassiker class. Some modern featurs and engineering, but a classic modern hand built Benz that ooze's class. Yes it would be expensive to build and carry a hefty price tag, but look at the British car company Morgan, they are continually building modern classics. Just some food for thought, as I know I have been told many times by various people that they simply love the old Benz's and don't give the new ones a second look....

"Continually Convincing Central Maryland that W123's are not slow.."
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 1978 240D
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It already exists. For instance if you wanted a bespoke 300SL Coupe, Hale Merced (formerly Rancho Merced) in Hawaii will build one for you, tube chassis, handcrafted bodywork, bolt for bolt, for a price. There are other companies that specialize in replicas.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: