Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New

493 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've recently purchased a 1986 300E. She is red and in pretty good shape. I never gave much thought to having an affinity for any one particular make or model of a car, I sort of just considered them a necessity and not much more.

But now I am absolutely in love with my little car. There are some issues; three of the 4 windows do not roll down, there is a wiper fluid leak, the passenger side seat will not move forward very far and there are some minor paint flaws. Sunds bad, but it is great. Only 159k on it and it runs very well.

The goal is to slowly get it back to being beautiful inside and out. We've done some basics...wax,buff, new wiper blade, fluids,updated stereo of course...I just love it. I work for Daimler so it is kind of funny to be driving a very old Mercedes :) So far I've gotten lots of approval for this little gal.

I've been reading lots of great tips in the W124 forum and just wanted to say hello, I will likely be asking a ton of questions in the future.

#3 ·
Welcome to Benzworld

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.