VIN (Vehicle Identity Number) free decode - Page 44 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #431 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 12:59 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
See your owner's manual. VIN is stamped to the shell at the floor in front of the passenger seat.
Sorry but english is not my native language. Do you mean that I need to remove all the carpet from the right front passanger position and on metal to find printed vin ?
voi1234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #432 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
oldskool13's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1987 420sel
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WDB1260391A424864
so my benz is a 1988 model?
oldskool13 is offline  
post #433 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,493
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voi1234 View Post
Sorry but english is not my native language. Do you mean that I need to remove all the carpet from the right front passanger position and on metal to find printed vin ?
The carpet is pre cut and you only need to lift the cut piece.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell
eric242340 is online now  
 
post #434 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
The carpet is pre cut and you only need to lift the cut piece.
Hi Eric,

I can only move carpet a little bit, and I see that behind carpet there is some plastic and behind plastic I see some cables.

The plastic is behind both driver and passanger's side. I dont know how to remove that to get thrue metal as I cant move carpet more than 10-15 cm
voi1234 is offline  
post #435 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,337
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voi1234 View Post
Hi Eric,

I can only move carpet a little bit, and I see that behind carpet there is some plastic and behind plastic I see some cables.

The plastic is behind both driver and passanger's side. I dont know how to remove that to get thrue metal as I cant move carpet more than 10-15 cm
Did you have a look at your owner's manual to find out where exactly the VIN is printed. Sounds like you were removing the big carpet instead of the correct one just in front of the seat.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #436 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Did you have a look at your owner's manual to find out where exactly the VIN is printed. Sounds like you were removing the big carpet instead of the correct one just in front of the seat.
I locate some manual for all models o this link

It may be usefull to others.

I cant remove carpet that much as it is on page 11. And I am not able to remove plastic below the dor with Mercedes Benz signiture, to move more carpet..
voi1234 is offline  
post #437 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,337
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voi1234 View Post
I locate some manual for all models o this link

It may be usefull to others.

I cant remove carpet that much as it is on page 11. And I am not able to remove plastic below the dor with Mercedes Benz signiture, to move more carpet..
Don't you have your own user manual? I don't know how the link above should be interpreted, perhaps RHD cars are different but here you can find a manual for a US car:
Mercedes-Benz - Home of C, E, S, CLS, CL, SLK, SL, R, GLK, M, GL, G Class - Service and Parts - Owners Manuals

And the attached figure shows the relevant part.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	208 VIN location.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	334712  
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #438 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys,

The last picture was very helpfull. I located VIN like on the picture right, and now I feel relaxed as it maches.

I would never spot that cut there, as I was looking on the side. Thanks for the pic Benz, I would probably mess up entire carpet

Now I am wondering is there a way to online find out some data about KM passed, or data from service, as I dont have sevice book

And yes, I do have a manual, its an over 300 pages book on a non english language, so I can only look at the pictures

cheers
voi1234 is offline  
post #439 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,337
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voi1234 View Post
And yes, I do have a manual, its an over 300 pages book on a non english language, so I can only look at the pictures
Certain people enjoy when the suffer. Is that why you did not want to click the link from the previous message to download a user manual in English (or at least almost English, it would be a US manual).
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #440 of 3198 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Certain people enjoy when the suffer. Is that why you did not want to click the link from the previous message to download a user manual in English (or at least almost English, it would be a US manual).
Before I asked, I did search in the manual book I have.. It never crossed my mind to look for an online manual..silly me

btw, is there an online site where I can check data regarding how much km car passed ?
voi1234 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    VIN Number Decode Red_560 R/C107 SL/SLC Class 301 12-11-2016 12:23 PM
    vin decode and maf part number pwatts1977 C208/A208 CLK-Class 0 07-08-2010 11:49 AM
    Can anyone decode this serial number? getrolfed General Mercedes-Benz 1 02-19-2008 03:35 PM
    decode chassis/engine number soontobe R129 SL-Class 12 03-16-2005 09:45 AM
    Vehicle Chassis Number RezaR1 W163 M-Class 11 12-22-2004 11:08 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome