VIN (Vehicle Identity Number) free decode - Page 19 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 3185 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroroadkill View Post
Hi Gary,
I cannot find anything after 1995 for the W140/119 chassis & engine ID.
The 1995 is a 140.051 119.970, but I want to know if the 1998 is the same or a 119.980.
Where is the engine tag? My VIN is WDBGA51G1WA3905nn, can you decode?

Tks
BOBB
The Russian site knows this VIN, should know yours too:
VIN WDBGA51G1WA3xxxxx
Model S500L
Chassis 1400511A3xxxxx
Engine 119980 12 024411
Transmission 722620 00 587759
Order 0 8 705 05643
Delivery date 29.09.97
Dealer United States (USA) (705)

Last edited by Diesel Benz; 11-04-2008 at 11:00 PM. Reason: deleted serial number
Diesel Benz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
zeroroadkill's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2008 GL550
Location: Boise, Id.
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
THANKS! Can you re-post the Russian site URL?

Last edited by zeroroadkill; 11-04-2008 at 03:44 PM.
zeroroadkill is offline  
post #183 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroroadkill View Post
THANKS! Can you re-post the Russian site URL?
Sorry, no way. You have to spend some effort yourself. As a hint I can tell that the url appears at 6 different posts on this very same thread (and I excluded posts that had it quoted from a previous reply) and multiple times elsewhere.

The posts at this thread are #9, 44, 80, 97, 99 and 141.
Diesel Benz is online now  
post #184 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 02:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
cyrusmuller's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1983 Mercedes-Benz 500SEL
Location: Muscat, Oman & Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cyrusmuller
Could you please help me too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
W- Germany
DBH- Daimler benz
A24- C230K
G - Supercharged 4 cyl engine
9- check digit
Y- 2000 model year
A- 845825 sequential #

Here's the vehicle data card:

VIN WDBHA24G9YA845825
Model C 230 KOMPRES
Chassis 2020241A845825
Engine 111975 12 076506
Transmission 722605 01 964261
Order 0 0 704 06948
Delivery date 17.01.00
Dealer United States (USA) (704)
Interior leather "nappa" two-color orion gray (258)
Paint
744 brilliant silver metallic (с 1991)
Options
P14 Unknown code
221 left front seat, electrically adjustable (с 01.11.1978)

222 right front seat, electrically adjustable (с 01.11.1978)

231 garage door opener, mounted in the roof frame (с 01.01.1996)

249 automatically dipping inside rear view mirror (с 01.06.1990)

254 Unknown code
287 ski inboard loading facility
through-loading feature (с 01.10.1990)

292 sidebag in front left and right (с 01.01.1994)

349 non delivery - side blinkers
provision for emergency call system "e-call" (с 26.01.1998)

414 electric tilting/sliding roof in glass version (с 01.10.1988)

423 5 speed automatic transmission / nag (с 01.03.1994)

441 steering column, electrically adjustable, W202 manually adjustable (с 01.07.1984)

461 instrument with mileage reading and english lettering (с 01.04.1990)

494 California version
version for USA/California/Canada (с 01.01.1996)

524 paintcoat preservation (с 01.01.1964)

543 sun visor with vanity mirror, illuminated, left and right (с 01.11.1978)

551 anti-theft/anti-break-in warning system with anti-towing system (с 01.04.1998)

570 folding armrest front w202/210 stowage box front with armrest (с 01.04.1970)
front folding armrest w202 - housing at front with armrest

580 air conditioner/Tempmatic (с 01.11.1982)

584 electric window lifters (front and rear doors) (с 01.04.1970)
electric window lifters, fourfold or sixfold

634 elimination of first aid box (с 01.08.1977)

636 elimination of warning triangle (с 01.03.1973)

668

673 high-capacity battery (с 01.01.1964)

679 spare wheel as basic wheel (с 18.06.1997)

800 Change of year of model, last figure shows new model year

810 loudspeaker, sound package
sound package (bose) (с 01.12.1986)

956 equipment package sport (с 01.11.1991)


You're welcome.
My VIN is WDB12603712037128. Thank you so much.
cyrusmuller is offline  
post #185 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
flyboyike's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 7,699
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusmuller View Post
My VIN is WDB12603712037128. Thank you so much.
You might want to double-check that VIN, it's not coming up for some reason.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
flyboyike is offline  
post #186 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
You might want to double-check that VIN, it's not coming up for some reason.
Could be because of the build date: 22/09/1983.
Diesel Benz is online now  
post #187 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
flyboyike's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 7,699
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Could be because of the build date: 22/09/1983.
No, that's new enough, should come up.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
flyboyike is offline  
post #188 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Richard ML 350's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2004 ML 350
Location: southern California
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Russian site probably just looks up the car's datacard on EPC.net and then fills in the option description based on a list they have compiled. Some of their option descriptions are wrong. Some cars are not in the database, either because they are too old, too recent, or because of errors in the EPC database. My car, for example, will not come up on the Russian site. When I look on EPC.net, the datacard will not come up either. When I contacted EPC online tech support, they told me my car had inadvertently been left out of the database and would be added by Daimler within a few months. So, they do make mistakes.
Richard ML 350 is offline  
post #189 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
flyboyike's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
Posts: 7,699
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard ML 350 View Post
The Russian site probably just looks up the car's datacard on EPC.net and then fills in the option description based on a list they have compiled. Some of their option descriptions are wrong. Some cars are not in the database, either because they are too old, too recent, or because of errors in the EPC database. My car, for example, will not come up on the Russian site. When I look on EPC.net, the datacard will not come up either. When I contacted EPC online tech support, they told me my car had inadvertently been left out of the database and would be added by Daimler within a few months. So, they do make mistakes.
I've said this numerous times: no database is perfect.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
flyboyike is offline  
post #190 of 3185 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,322
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard ML 350 View Post
The Russian site probably just looks up the car's datacard on EPC.net and then fills in the option description based on a list they have compiled. Some of their option descriptions are wrong. Some cars are not in the database, either because they are too old, too recent, or because of errors in the EPC database. My car, for example, will not come up on the Russian site. When I look on EPC.net, the datacard will not come up either. When I contacted EPC online tech support, they told me my car had inadvertently been left out of the database and would be added by Daimler within a few months. So, they do make mistakes.
But this one comes fine from the MB database.

The Russian site does not recognise it at all. Since the car is not very new (and the database has improved recently with new models), it could be as you say "too old", it could be some grey US import, at leas quite a few US cars have dropped out from the database for some reason (not those imported by MBUSA and sold in the normal way).
Diesel Benz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    VIN Number Decode Red_560 R/C107 SL/SLC Class 298 11-19-2016 06:07 AM
    vin decode and maf part number pwatts1977 C208/A208 CLK-Class 0 07-08-2010 12:49 PM
    Can anyone decode this serial number? getrolfed General Mercedes-Benz 1 02-19-2008 04:35 PM
    decode chassis/engine number soontobe R129 SL-Class 12 03-16-2005 10:45 AM
    Vehicle Chassis Number RezaR1 W163 M-Class 11 12-23-2004 12:08 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome