I'm new to sl500 and this forum...wanted to thank everyone and say hi... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Sep 2011
Vehicle: 1992 sl500 129.066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking I'm new to sl500 and this forum...wanted to thank everyone and say hi...

My name is Tom and I'm located in the midwest....i purchased a 1992 sl500 about 7 months ago.....i want to bring it back to its original luster.....this forum and the people on it have been so helpful in everything i've worked on so far.....I love this car.......

I just figured out a major problem to many areas of the car relating to the ovp relay......knock on wood but a 10 amp fuse fixed it for now....i will list my symptons in the hope of saving someone else a headache......i know there is info all over about these but in seperate ordeals....all my issues were tied to that ovp....i changed the cold start first and that did make it start better but didn't cure my concerns....

1. Had a rough start if it sat more than an hour.....if it was warmed up it worked good.....

2. ABS LIGHT on all the time........

3. mpg and oil guage not working right......

4. lights dim on all the dash.......and a few more smaller issues were fixed by a simple 10 amp fuse located on the top of the ovp relay.....

5. hard reverse due to the rpms running higher than normal during idle.....

it took me a while to piece it all together being new and i didn't ask anyone about it as there was a ton of info on the issues.......it did take me awhile to find every issue and tie it to the ovp...anyway....i changed it and the car took on a new life...... i loved it when it was running terrible......when i turned that key and that fuse fixed everything.......it was a great feeling.....i have some more issues to address and look forward to the expert advice.....thanks....
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: