How to get the actual window switch out `987 300E - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2011
Vehicle: 1977 300E bought new, 244,000km (151,000m), Kept outdoors since I bought it.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How to get the actual window switch out `987 300E

I need to replace the right front window switch on my 1987 300E and found great advice on here on how to get the console cover out, etc. but nothing anywhere on how to get the actual switch out of that plastic frame it is in so that I can replace it. Am I supposed to press somewhere with a screwdriver or just pry it out with force? UPDATE: You just pull them out with force and you'll see there are 5 pins on the underside that friction fit into holes in the plastic chassis.

Now does anyone have any advice on where I can pick up a replacement part for this switch in Toronto (or a Canadian supplier that can ship to me in Toronto?).

Thanks.

Last edited by Toronto300E; 08-30-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I'm willing to bet there is at least one Mercedes dealer in Toronto.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 1977 300E bought new, 244,000km (151,000m), Kept outdoors since I bought it.
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
I'm willing to bet there is at least one Mercedes dealer in Toronto.
Well of course. I guess I should have specified I was looking to get OEM, 3rd party or spare parts from a mercedes junk yard dealer. No need to buy original brand new mercedes parts for my 24 yr old car.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto300E View Post
Well of course. I guess I should have specified I was looking to get OEM, 3rd party or spare parts from a mercedes junk yard dealer. No need to buy original brand new mercedes parts for my 24 yr old car.
Even if said brand new MB part is less $30 (less than $20 in some cases)?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
The part is $35 if I order an OEM one online from the US and that's not from Mercedes so Mercedes price, especially in Toronto, will be even higher. I need 2 of them so that's $70. I was hoping someone would give me a source and I just googled and found a guy who sells them for $20 each. That's a $30 saving (which saves me $50 pre income tax).

So, yes it's worth it. You seem to know a source where it can be had for $20 but rather than tell me you just parrot useless comments on here. Sheesh!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
So, yes it's worth it. You seem to know a source where it can be had for $20 but rather than tell me you just parrot useless comments on here. Sheesh!
I shall overlook your petty insult by reminding myself that, at the end of the day, you're just a harmless Canadian pussy.

Now, how about some switches for $13 each? Cheap enough for ya? Brand new, eh.

Your Parts Search Returned 5 Part(s)

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Wow you're a rocket scientist! I know how to use google too and saw that site (and others too) before I even posted on here - duh!

If you paid attention to my first post you would have seen that I explictly stated that I was looking for something available in Toronto or from a Canadian supplier (ie not from the US - it's not a part of Canada). That $13 part will cost me about $40 in taxes duties and UPS usurious brokerage fees to get here across the border. Kinda don't make much sense do it?

As for harmless Canadian pussy, well at least I don't live in a bankrupt country with insolvent banks (prompting Obama to say that US banks should be more like Canadian banks - LOL)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
If you paid attention to my first post you would have seen that I explictly stated that I was looking for something available in Toronto or from a Canadian supplier (ie not from the US - it's not a part of Canada). That $13 part will cost me about $40 in taxes duties and UPS usurious brokerage fees to get here across the border. Kinda don't make much sense do it?

As for harmless Canadian pussy, well at least I don't live in a bankrupt country with insolvent banks (prompting Obama to say that US banks should be more like Canadian banks - LOL)
At least, unlike you non-bankrupt Canadian pussies, here in the US we actually know how to think outside the box. For instance, I'd be happy to order those switches for you and then just Canada-post them to you next time I fly to YYZ or YUL. Kinda makes a lot of sense, don't it? Certainly a lot more sense than pulling them out of another 24-year-old car. I mean, 24 is old even in Canadian years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in