LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Red face Purge Valve

Hello everyone. I took my ml350,2005 into dealership for service A, they did terrible job, given back to me with no walk around filled out, body odor embedded in car and they put additives in an allready full tank of gas. Anyway was given to me with check engine light on. I took it in 7/30, 8/2, 8/6, 8/9 and on 8/9 they said it was the purge valve and charged me to fix it. Engine light still on so I took it somewhere else. They charged me a diagnostic fee, said they did smoke test and the canister valve is stuck open. I finally ran out of gas, they reset the check engine light, it still hasn't come on. My questions are is the vent valve vapor canister purge valve different from a purge valve? And do you think it was maybe bad gas or additivees that might have caused the engine light on cause it hasn't come back on and I've driven 30 miles since visiting this new shop. Thanks so much for any insight.
Respectfully,
AP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
angilap.

If only you had filled in your profile with UserCP above ^^, I would know whether you have a W163 or a W164, as both existed in 2005. Also these models have their own forums, so it should have been posted there. So please add some essential information.

However, both W163 and W164 use similar fuel vapor purging techniques. A purge control valve (Y58/1) is located in the engine bay positioned between the activated charcoal filter and the inlet manifold. It is controlled by the ME control unit.

US models only (I have no idea where you are?) also have an Activated charcoal canister shut-off valve (Y58/4) which is located on the side of the canister in the vent side, and is also controlled by the ME control unit.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello, thanks for emal

It is 163, it's weird because Mercedes Benz said it was the purge valve, another shop said canister shut off valve and now that I've emptied the gas and put new gas in, my check enging light hasn't come back on. Any thoughts? I brought my car into Mercedes with full tank gas, they put a bottle of additive, check engine light came on. They replaced purge valve and reset light, check engine light came on. Brought to another shop, they say canister shut off valve and reset light, I finally emptied my tank from taking to Mercedes and new gas and light hasn't come on and we're at about 60 miles from when the shop reset it. Respectfully, AP

Mercedes ML350, 2005, 163
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in