LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help somethings wrong with my car!!!

i drive a 2002 mercedes benz c240 sedan 4 door. Ive been having all kinds of problems with it and i have no idea what could be wrong with it pretty soon ill be taking it to the dealer. First problem is when i try starting the car the car will not start at all the car does turn over repeadedly but will not start..this only happens sometimes..sometimes the car will start and then later it will happen again..Lately ive been having to spray starting fluid just to get it started...once the car starts the check engine light turns on after driving it a few days without the problem the light goes away...Second problem is when comming to stop signs or red lights and sitting there the car starts to shake and make weird noises like the car is going to die like its not getting enough gas or air threw the engine. Now when at red lights or stop signs the car just instanly just dies the motor stops thats when i have to spray starting fluid and thats not even a gaurentee of it starting back up. Third is when driving or accelerating the car does not like goo when accelerating i can have the gas pedal slammed on the floor and the car just barely moves it takes a second to go like even when i have it barely pushed down the car will go slow then instaly shott off its really weird..if any1 knows anything about what iam talking about or what could be the problem to all this please help me iam trying to save some money iam thinking something to do with fuel pump maybe iam going to check air filter and gas filter just in case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 2012 Focus SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Mileage and service history, please. Unless that information is classified, in which case good luck.

Felicita e un bicchiere di vino con un panino.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
it has 115 thousand miles and i took it to the shop before because of the acceleration problem guy said something about reving the engine alot and shooting the rpm's really high all the time idk..also took it to get tires changed uhmm i had to replace the back left rim and thats about all other then oil changes
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 1999 E300TD
you have to start eliminating things one at a time. first, are there any fault codes? check fuel pressure at the fuel rail. pressure should be approx 50 psi running. when you shut the car off there is a fuel pressure regulator that holds pressure so when you start it back up the pressure is already there. the regulator can go bad and the pressure will bleed down and that will cause a hard start until the pump rebuilds the pressure. check that first...can remember off the top of my head but that should have an external filter and the pressure regulator is build in to that
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
okay well i dont no to much about these cars because there really high tech but the dash board has been saying like you exceeded by 10,000 miles please visit repair but its been saying that since mile 1 and that was a while ago and it worked fine also it says low coolant but i checked it and it was fine and thats the only malfunctions it has..but ill let my uncle know about the pressure cuz hes a mech. idk how to change it or look at it..but if that would seem to be the problem how much money you thinking it costs to fix as well as the other problems i have
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1962 W111 220SE Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Fuel Pressure Regulator is about $50 or so from online shops if you can install/get it installed for free or cheap then it's a quick fix. I would tend to wonder if it's your MAF (also not too difficult to replace and might cost under $200 for your car online, but buy Bosch ONLY and buy from reputable seller, not eBay. There are fakes stamped "Bosch" that won't work properly then you won't know if it's truly the MAF or not).

The car is also begging you for service since it has said you are 10k miles behind on a service, that meant is was late when you bought it. Why did you buy a car with a warning if you didn't know what it meant btw? In any event, service in a timely and practical manner is the only real way to prevent future issues like this and much worse from happening, and it's actually cheaper to prevent issues than try to fix them after they occur so please don't be afraid to do some basic maintenance, spend some time here and learn to do some basic things yourself, it can be a lot of fun! Finally, try the W203 forum for specific advice on your car, not the AMG forum but the one listed under "sedans" for W203, other people who own your same car can offer good advice to you.

-Marrs

The Coupe Group (W111/112 coupes and cabs)official website
The Coupe Group on Facebook

"Too many people are working at jobs they hate, to buy things they don't particularly want, to impress people they don't even care about." --Dr. Deepak Chopra

Last edited by DirectLA; 08-19-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in