Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Taking the car to the dealership

540 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MTI 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm 16 and have a 1995 Mercedes C280. The guy who had it before me didn't really keep it clean, and it could use a tune-up. So what I thought I could do is take to the dealership and let them fully service and clean it. What does a Mercedes-Benz dealership do to the car? And how much would it cost? Thanks buddies.:)

#2 · (Edited)
The first thing I would do is check the W202 forum (what MB calls your chassis and found under the sedans heading) and troll through or search some of the threads. Then figure out what might be needed at that age and mileage, and do as much as you can yourself. Or, start a thread new there and fill the members in on the details.

The last thing I would do is take it to a dealer, unless you just want them to do a thorough inspection and give you a laundry list of what is wrong (probably $200). If the previous owner let it get dirty, chances are good that he neglected a few other things like proper maintenance.

A tune up might be only a new set of spark plugs.

Good luck.

#3 ·
The pre 98 viintage W202 may suffer from wiring harness disintegration; the transmission fluid and filter should have been serviced, but often is neglected, the suspension bushings, links, joints and dampers (struts, shocks, steering damper) should also have been refreshed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.