BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Aug 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fell in love with the CL (W215) - but which one to buy?
Dear Benzworld fellow Mercedes enthusiasts,
So cool to find this forum :-)
I have been driving E-Class Mercedes for some years and really like Mercedes, its reliability, its class and comfort.
However, I recent drove in a CL500 (W215 model) of a colleague and fell in love! As simple as that...
Now the hunt has gone in for an affordable CL class.
I would so appreciate any suggestions, comments or recommendations that current CL owners have.
I am thinking of a CL500 or a CL600 with the cylinder deactivation system (Active Cylinder Control) - but I am open to anything :-)
I am looking for comfort and great looks, not so much for performance.
So questions that pop to my head include:
- V8 vs V12
- Common problems / what to look out for when buying
- Running cost
- Size of production or cars - ease of getting spare parts in after-market to avoid high MB prices
Also, which options are nice to have. The car looks fully equipped, but the below looks nice to have as well (or do they break easily?):
- Front fan-cooled and heated seats (comfort package) - where I live we have very cold winters and very hot summers
- Distronic Cruise Control
- Electronic Trunk Closer
- KeyLess Go
Do not really see a need for:
- Dynamic multi contour front setbacks with pneumatically adjustable side and lumbar support
- Heated steering wheel
- Voice-activated telephone
- Special design or look packages - the standard edition looks great to me
Thank you in advance for any comments, suggestions or recommendations.