post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2005 ML350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ML350 AC stops cooling

I have a 2005 ML350 with 108000 miles. The AC seems to have a mind of its own. I can set it on the coldest setting and it may cool for several hours just fine and suddenly it will feel like the temp. setting is being moved over to the hottest setting. Sometimes when I start the car it will not cool at all. Just depends on what mood its in. Usually we can get it to start cooling again by turning the ac on and off, or by changing the temp setting from coldest to hottest repeatedly or by holding the auto button until the temp resets. One method doesn't seem to work any better than another, it will just start blowing cold again until it changes its mind again. I've read several post on here about this problem. Not sure if its the blend door or the temp sensor or something else. I don't hear any clicking noise in the dash as described by some. It happens in both manual and auto setting. Nothing in particular seems to trigger the problem. I have had the refrigerant checked and that is ok. I would appreciate any help that anyone can give.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2012
Vehicle: ML350 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
got the same. issue seems to tend to happen in humid weather.
any suggestion? perhaps some AC climate sensor misbehavior
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: