Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E-coupe 250 CGI transmission problems

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Sbelousov 
#1 ·
Hi Everybody! Bought a new E-coupe 2011 250 cgi 3 weeks ago in Zurich, Switzerland. During the 1st week the car was amazing! On the 2nd week the problem with transmission appeared: when accelerating from standstill and transmission changes gears from 1st to 2nd and then from 2nd to 3rd, the car moves with a big push. This feels most strong when the car is going downhill or uphill. I immediately went to the MB service in Zurich. They checked the car and told that there are no mechanical issues, the problem was because of the transmission software (dont really understand how this can happen with a new car that costs almost 100K USD, but anyway). So, they updated it and returned me the car. It moved much softer after this, but again, when the transmission changes gears from 1st to 2nd on the speed of around 17km/h, the car moves with a push. And when I am driving uphill, sometimes I feel the really big pushes. I also drive the C-classe 250 CDI, and i never feel something similar. I made an appointment for next week with the head of MB service here, he will drive with me to feel the problem. Does anybody here knows what it can be and how it can be solved?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.