Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

DEALER QUOTED 100K SERVICE

13K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Musikmann 
#1 ·
I was quoted $1900.00 for the 100k mile service from the local dealer is this the norm?? My thoughts are trying to find a local shop that works on MB's am I going in the right direction?? Should I use the dealer for this work? any benefits to using a local MB dealer?

2004-S500

Thoughts...

#3 ·
Stay away from Dealers/Stealers. Do it yourself, or find a good independent.

I really got pissed at a dealer when I was charged close to $500 for "B" service, and they didn't even bother to check the air filter!!! And as there is no way to check the condition of oil (no dipstick), I changed the oil myself, as I did not trust the other work they claimed they did.

Plenty of stories of customers being charged for work not performed, or parts not replaced.

#4 ·
TIMES ARE TOUGH

I guess I will have things at a local independent with a good rep. I also have been told the tranny is sealed for life and takes a special blend of fluid. I have no problem doing service work, and want to take care of the vehicle right, but I don't wanna get stuck by a dealer.

Thanks for the info guys and take care...:D

#6 ·
How a dealership runs and bills for their service operation varies, from gouging to worth the expense. Independents can beat them on overhead costs and hourly rates, so you will save, but get recommendations and I might suggest starting with an indy that only does Mercedes versus "all European" makes.

On the other hand, I have had excellent service and support from dealership service departments, and not just in the lounge. See if your local dealers have customer loyalty mailings, emails, etc. and see if they honor club discounts like MBCA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.