Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Hi, newbie here

418 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
Hi all, first post here with one question.

I've been working on my dads Merc C220 2.0l Elegance today and wondered if you guys could possibly help or at least point me in the right direction. :)

He bought the car around 5 months ago and his air conditioning hasnt worked since he got it. The fans all work but it just doesnt blow cold when the air con is switched on.

I took it into work this morning and put dye and 750g gas in the system as there was nothing in it.

Tried it and still no cold air.

Checked for leaks but cant physically see any of the dye anywhere with a uv torch.

The compressor is turning too.

I believe it may well be an electrical fault and wondered if there was anything really common?!

I am at a bit of a loss with this and just need some advice if possible please. :crybaby2:

Thanks in advance, Joe. :thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Benzworld. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

To edit your profile simply click on quick links “edit profile” (quick links is top Right of the page)

At the bottom of the page you will find forum jump, click on this and view all the available sub forums and there you will find the technical forum for your car.

For FAQ see the Benzworld help section here:
BenzWorld Help - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum
Benzworld help is for general enquires and all technical questions should be posted on the specific forum for your car. If you are not sure which forum it should be on then please ask me and I will give you a link.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.