post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2012 ML 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Trade in? Or keep driving?

Looking for some advice. Here is the situation.

My wife and I are expecting our first kid. And considering what to do with our car situation. I have a 2000 Mercedes 320 CLK. Has about 140K miles on it. Still runs okay, but probably only has a few more years left before it starts requiring major replacements/repairs. Only worth about $4-5K.

Wife drives a 2006 SLK. About 40K miles on it. We just finished paying this one off. And still in very good condition. But since only two seats, not as practical anymore. Prob worth about $18-20K.

One option is to trade-in both cars. And try to get the max value now for the trade in (Probably get the ML, and not sure what for the second.).

The other option is to just trade in the CLK and continue to drive the SLK. And just drive the ML when we are all together. I just wonder if it isn't better to change both cars now since we are going to eventually need larger cars.

Any advice? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1058 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum. Since I am not very familiar with the models you have, are they both 2-seaters?
If that is a case you sure need a 4 seater for expanding family ... congratulations.
You will get big depreciation loss on 2006 SLK, so if you like the car, I'd keep it.
Than generally I am against advising SUV for people who absolutely have no need for SUV. Do you? I found out E class wagons excellent cars for a family and they do come with 4Matic option.
Bad part is they are unavailable in USA with diesels
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2011
Vehicle: 2012 ML 350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The newer 06' SLK is a two seater. My 00' CLK has four seats, but is a two door car. Can't really fit a baby seat in the back of the CLK. CLK is old, so I thought we would get rid of that, and just keep the SLK if we were going to keep one since it would last longer. But I don't really like driving the SLK because it is so small and kind of an uncomfortable drive.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: