post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1983 300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1983 300d complete overhaul

Purchased my 1983 300d last year for 2k from a friend, started running it on wvo shortly after to experiment with it...

things i did was put a block plate over the egr and remove a few vacuum lines. i installed a boost gauge and later removed the alda entirely. i also installed an adjustable needle valve in the wastegate line for easy adjustment of boost pressure. learned how to adjust the valves when it started running rougher. replaced the injectors with rebuilt junkyard find. replaced rack damper bolt with gold replacement from jy. replaced fuel pressure relief spring on back of ip. made a special wrench to adjust fuel pump timing...(pop's a machinist with shop! go dad). Destroyed back fuel tank strainer with screw driver instead of replacing. Ive been catching loads of garbage in the primary filters and have been going through a bunch of them and still catching loads of dirt from the tank... i reversed the send and return a few times and replaced alomst all the vacuum and fuel lines. locks, environmental control and ignition lines are all blocked off... my ignition switch died and i now kill the car with a vac pump running into the driver compartment via the old kill vacuum line, the other vac line got used for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1983 300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
running to the turbo boost gauge, which is running at about 13 psi. That amount seemed to get rid as much black smoke when it gets punched. I want to rig up an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so i can change the pressure to about 30 psi for wvo and lower it when there is diesel in the mix down to 18 or so. i have been noticing still losing power after driving for a time.... im not sure if its still clogged filters or a poor adjustment on my part but it smokes quite a bit now, idles a little rough still and tends to lose power after driving 20 minutes. i've been working hard at this and learning a lot about this car... any tips would be appreciated. car does run harder than ever with all the recent tweaking, want to do a comp test for knowledges sake and maybe get a pop tester... i intend on staying with this car... favorite car ever! got a paint job on it... looks sharp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in