Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

NEW MB OWNER

583 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  galaxyjb 
#1 ·
Please help do not know much about my used MB 1996 E320. Just turned 140,000 miles and last night I noticed that my reverse lights were not working and before the thought crossed my mind the "lamp defective" light came on the dash. I checked the bulbs and they are OK. What might it be?

(On another note while I was in the trunk checking the bulbs I noticed that on top of each reverse bulb was another space to put a bulb but could not find were to turn them on and what purpose they serve not to mention only the driver side had a bulb in it while the other side had none.)

:confused:

#2 ·
I would try cleaning the contacts for the reverse lights and the bulb contacts and see if that helps, also osram bulbs seem to work better than generic bulbs in mercedes so perhaps check to see which brand yours are.

As for the single bulb on the drivers side rear it is the rear fog light, there is only supposed to be the one on the drivers side. You can turn it on by putting the headlight switch to position one or two then pull the switch out once to turn on the front fog lights and again a second time to turn on the front and the rear light.

Hope that helps,
Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.