BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 1999 S500,
Location: chester, uk
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SO MANY PROBLEMS! PLEASE HELP!! s500 - w220
I recently bought an S500, 135,000 miles.
The car has a few issues which need addressing.
1) When decelerating, there is a quiet clicking noise coming from what seems the middle of car, once the gas is pressed, the noise goes away. When I brake the noise kind of changes to a different sounding 'click'. I thought it might be the transmition so did 30mph, put into neutral, still makes the sound.
2) The car cuts out occasionally, and takes a while to start. Sometimes 5 mins or so.
3) the airmatic... where do I start... only the right side of the car raises. but the left does slightly when engine started. The right side will not go right down unless left over night. The damper button has one setting, the airmatic button has 2 settings. when i raise the suspension to setting 2, the right side is about 40mm higher than left. On a motorway the right side raises automatically, the 'airmatic visit workshop' warning light comes on after about 70 mph. This may be related to the car vibrating after 70?? If the car left for few days, it does not leak air so that the suspension drops completely. It also may be related to the xenon hid headlights not leveling properly and being too far down whilst driving.
4) Sometimes the gearbox jaults when changing from 1st to 2nd (with a smooth take off)
5) The soft close doors... the rear right and boot work fine as does the central locking. The other doors have failedin the last week. I have tried removing fuse etc the work briefly then nothing again after 5 mins.
6) sat nav, tv, cd changer not working, everything in german, disk drive for sat nav will not accept a disk, or eject(if there is one in there) and cd, it says, magazin ist leer (meaning cd magazine empty)
I KNOW I HAVE BOUGHT A SHED BUT PLEASE HELP ME!!
Thanks in advance , James S