post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2011
Vehicle: 1999 CLK 320 Coupe 85k miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
99 CLK 320 Phone questions

Hi. I just purchased a 99 CLK 320 and in the owners manual it is mentioned that I shouldn't ever use a "transmitter" without an external antenna...the phone that came with the car is still installed, but obviously doesn't work, no service and I THINK it's actually analog, so it wouldn't work with digital networks presently available...?

Three questions....Should I not use my cell phone in the car, as it is a transmitter. Will it mess with the electronics...? and is it possible to get service for the phone already installed, that came with the car from the factory? It has all the fancy pants hands free bells and whistles from what I can tell from the manual that came with the car. I assume the repair manual I ordered will offer up information as far as periodic lubrication/maintenance areas (outside of engine oil obviously), and are there any sources one might recommend for information specifically for this car?

I appreciate any responses, as this is my first actual Benz post, and my first Benz purchase. Past cars have included Jags and Volvo's primarily, but this car is a BLAST to drive. The power and weight of the car reminds me of an old 1970 Firebird I used to drive..rear wheel drive stick you to your seat feel too. I am terrified honestly, as I want this car to last, and I'm eating up every bit of information possible, babying it to an anal retentive level, and simply love every aspect of it...I have an upper mid level mechanical ability, especially from my days of being a Jag owner...(sigh) Absolutely beautiful car, in PERFECT working condition. I just ordered the DVD repair manual, and I want to learn all the areas requiring lubrication within the drive train, all general maintenance..blah blah.. When I brought the car home, It seemed the oil level was high, drained almost two quarts, and now the level is dead center on the dipstick. I drove it only for one day with the extra oil, thank god, and it seems fine. I called and bitched out the service guy at the dealership, and plan on changing the oil to Mobil 1 0W-40, just to make sure no more surprises. Sorry so long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in