LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post 2006 M. Benz E320 CDI (diesel)

Hello, I was wondering if anybody othere can tell me or help me out. My car was giving me, city driving 26 mpg (diesel), and a month ago I replaced the diesel fuel filter and now my car is giving a reading of 23 to 24 mpg. I was wondering if anybody outhere have any suggestions about why the mpg somehow got lower and not the same, I also recently change my tire and wheels from staggered (18") to all having the same size 245/45zr17 and with brand new Continental tires DWS (love the tires), maybe the tires are not helping or maybe there is a dignostic that can be done to the car.
I will be taking it to the dealer for a trans oil change since the car has 40K miles. Is there such a thing (dignostic) that can be perform..??.. or I just be wasting my money.. Please, I will be awaiting for your reply here in the forum or if wish to send a reply to my email (galb1949@hotmail.com) I will be greatful if you do and waitng for an answer.

Thank you and have a great day..

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 10:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Bad filter would trigger warning code.
Tires do make difference in mpg, but not to degree you describe. Didn't you change driving habits?
Get codes read just in case and welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you for your prompt reply, regarding my car, and I'm glad that I joing this website (benzworld.org) I think it is awesome. I haven't change my driving habits, but I can sense that maybe it is something wrong, even know that the car console is not telling me anything and I would like to know if there is a dignostics that can be done and if you think it maybe worth it to do it, I do not know how much the dealer will charge for one...I do not think that it is the fuel filter since that I replaced it myself and I think I did a MUCH better job thatn the dealer did in 2009, my car went for about 9 month without the fuel water senser plug in, I found it unplug and that it was done at the dealership..Also what kind of filter (fuel) do you think is better to use (brand name)..??..
Do you or someone outhere knows of a good mehcanic here in So. Miami (FL) that works on diesel engines..??..need to know of one shop, instead of the dealer.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: