post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2011
Vehicle: Mercedes Benz CLS 500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Taking the Plung

Hello all, and thanks for having me. After years of hard work, my wife and I decided to take the plung and reward ourselves by purchasing a 2006 CLS 500. We drove over 800 mile to pick the baby up. It was even more beautiful up close than any picture could ever give due justice. No need to blow money on a new 2011 or 12 with the minor upgrades to interior and exterior. After only having the car for two days, the demons start waking up. First the auxillary fans are at full throttle at crazy times during the day and night with the car completely off and alarm activated. I contacted the dealership where I purchased the car only to be told that this was normal for the MB. I persisted by telling them that this random activity had drained my battery. At this point they referred me to the extended warranty that I had purchased from them and told me to put it to good use. Not good! Then two error messages appeared. One stating SRS malfunction and the other SOS malfunction. Well I take the car in to the MB dealership for repairs. After not receiving a call from the service tech to inform me of what they had found, I called only to be told that they were still running diagnostics and would know more the next morning. After not hearing from them, I decided to make a trip to the dealership to speak with the tech. He informed me that they were not sure what the problem was and wanted to start by replacing my SRS control module and hopefully this would fix my other issues or at least get the conputer to start back to communicating with all the other components. He called me back to tell me that this part was not covered under my warranty. I then contacted the general manager at the dealership were I purchased the car to alert him to the problems I was having. He offered to pay for the out of pocket repairs but thought it odd that the tech did not have a specific reason for the problem my car was having and was guessing at a fix. After researching post on this forum in reference to the issues I am having with my car, it appears that in a down economy, and my newbie status, I might be a victim of bamboozlement. I'm going to go into the dealership in the morning and tell the tech to repair the fan issue which my warrany covers and haul azz out of that money pit of a MB dealership. Newbies educate yourself on the car you have or your will be at the mercy of crooks who love to see a sucker coming. Sorry for the long rant but I need to exhail. Any comments that are not nasty are greatly appreciated. I'm already having a hard time.

Last edited by Dprophet72; 05-22-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld and now you know why they are called stealerships.

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: