KEY FOB replacement and programming - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Benznoob26
The blade of my key FOB broke off from the FOB and you can buy a replacement blade for ~$50 and they will repair it for free. It seems like a common tactic for the telling you that you need a new set of FOBs once your blades broken, it's not true. I know over here a set of 3 FOB's is $250 with $150 to program. Valet keys are $33. Most take 1-2 business days. And YES, you cannot reprogram used FOB's

I recently ordered a valet key and FOB blade and am waiting to order a new set of FOB's with the $100 off coupon thats been circulating around =p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don's ML View Post
I should of looked up BenzWorld before I bought my Benz. I bought a 2004 ML 350 about 6 weeks ago and so far the car is one of the best used cars I have ever driven. I usually drive Jeep Grand Cherokee's, and the Benz is in a different world. I only had one key with the ML and ordered a used key fob with a new flip out key from Ebay, well that was money lost. After three trips to the dealer and almost $ 200.00 I now have an extra key fob. I have worked at car dealerships for the past fourty years and I have never felt so closed off as I have from the Benz dealer. Working in the business I have never paid retail for parts until now. They said no break on parts price no deal. And whats up with service manuals No one sells one that I can find. I bought some out of date dvd from Ebay. and I can't make sense of how it works. It looks like some sort of factory electronic manual but no instructions. Does anyone make a diy manual for the basic task ?
You ever need an extra hand or eye let me know. Also Mercedes Benz of Cincinnati on Montgomery Road had beyond exceptional service. Don't go to the Mercedes dealer in West Chester they're terrible.

Last edited by Benznoob26; 05-13-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 08:48 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lock doctor the locksmiths can reprogram the MB keys.
I now have three keys. Half the price of MB and much faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in