LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation 1997 E420 Alarm wont stop going off

Hi I am living in Texas and I have recently bought a 1997 E420 Mercedes Benz and well lately if my radio/alarm fuse is in my alarm will go off after stopping the car or if the car is just sitting there. It wont stop and its very irritating. I have not been able to listen to my radio for about 3 months cause I do not know what is wrong with it. I am a college student so most of my money is going to the college and i dont have time to drive to find a mercedez dealership. Where I live for now the closest is 2 and over hours away. I was wondering if anyone could help.
Noone is by the alarm but it just goes off. Putting gas in the car it went off. Parking the car to head to a party it goes off. I dont understand and I changed the battery inside the key hoping that was the problem but no luck
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 06:22 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 00 C-230, 04 C-240
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you can't get to a dealer, find a local independent Benz shop that can pull diagnostic codes on your car.

This reminds me of the time i was waiting for my car to be serviced one early morning at a benz dealer, when this E class comes screeching in with the alarm blazing!! The driver (still in his jammies) jumps out and runs inside to the service counter. This guy looked like he had a really rough night, and I had a good laugh. Too bad I did not have a video camera with me -- could have made top final on Americas Funniest Videos.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Head over to the W210 forum (the MB designation for your car) that can be found in the sedans section, scroll down until you see it. Then either search that forum or post your question there. Good luck and welcome to BW.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: