post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2011
Vehicle: 1991 Mercedes Benz 300se
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ALIAS BENZ, hello!

I am the proud new owner of a clean 1991 300se that just broke 100,000 miles. I figured now that I am a owner of Mercedes instead of Lexus (1990 LS 400 retired) I should find a forum to get more familiar about this car. I am not new to forums so I know to search before I post random questions on a forum. About myself. I am a professional photographer and graphic designs and love shooting photos for fun as well...

Nice to meet all of you!
ALIAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for the welcome Eric!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Some future plans: I plan on a new Alpine stereo system/alarm (autostart, proximity sensors, 2way pager) some H&R lowing springs (unless there is a better recommendation), darker tint, clear corners, chrome mirror covers, possibly a full chrome grill insert, dress up the interior with new gages and little touches here and there, thats about it for starters. Already have one color paint scheme done, HID Conversion with new headlights, and 16" wheels off of a buddies 2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Hatchback Kompressor, I had some spacers put on so that they pushed out a bit more. I can't ever leave anything stock LOL. I will have to post some photos of my 1990 Celsior, she was clean... :-(
Thanks again
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2005
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum. I used to have a 1992 Lexus, they are very well made and quiet cars. It was black with the newer 5 spoke GS430 wheels, it looked sharp. I wish I had a picture of it on my computer but I don't at the moment. =/ Your SE reminds me of my 86' Smoke silver 420SEL about 5 years ago, it had 20% charcoal tint and wheels from a CLK no spacers. (which I currently have the same ones on my 87' 420SEL. I'll toss in a pic of my old W126. I like the later model W126 from 90 to 91. The lower panels matched much better than the earlier ones.

Feel free to hop on over to the W126 forums and check out all the good info we have. If I were you I would paint the headlight wipers black with some krylon fusion, or if you can get some euro wipers (which I know will be tough to find). I think H&R springs are the way to go, it'll drop the car about 1.4 inches and improve handling noticeably. Personally I wouldn't go with the chrome mirror covers on the mirrors, I'd try to go with body color if possible. I would put an alarm system into my car but since the factory alarm is still working fine I may just leave it and add a basic keyless entry system.

If you don't mind me asking what do you think about those particular headlights that are on your car currently? Is the lens made of plastic? I know they must be way better than the stock DOT lights, but did you consider the euro headlights before you purchased those?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc Pictures 258.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	370520  

Last edited by SaleenS7; 04-18-2011 at 07:57 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenS7 View Post
Welcome to the forum. I used to have a 1992 Lexus, they are very well made and quiet cars. It was black with the newer 5 spoke GS430 wheels, it looked sharp. I wish I had a picture of it on my computer but I don't at the moment. =/ Your SE reminds me of my 86' Smoke silver 420SEL about 5 years ago, it had 20% charcoal tint and wheels from a CLK no spacers. (which I currently have the same ones on my 87' 420SEL. I'll toss in a pic of my old W126. I like the later model W126 from 90 to 91. The lower panels matched much better than the earlier ones.

Feel free to hop on over to the W126 forums and check out all the good info we have. If I were you I would paint the headlight wipers black with some krylon fusion, or if you can get some euro wipers (which I know will be tough to find). I think H&R springs are the way to go, it'll drop the car about 1.4 inches and improve handling noticeably. Personally I wouldn't go with the chrome mirror covers on the mirrors, I'd try to go with body color if possible. I would put an alarm system into my car but since the factory alarm is still working fine I may just leave it and add a basic keyless entry system.

If you don't mind me asking what do you think about those particular headlights that are on your car currently? Is the lens made of plastic? I know they must be way better than the stock DOT lights, but did you consider the euro headlights before you purchased those?
I am sure that the headlights I have on now are plastic, I am more impressed with the HID upgrade. I just replaced the headlights out of need because I had a rock crack the left one right away. I got a nice pair of legit HIDs and just some low priced replacement headlight housings. I know the whole authentic parts deal, my Celsior was all legit JDM... I am not really worried about upgrading those unless they begin to show wear since there are not glass. As for the alarm system I am a photographer and can have up to 20 grand worth of CANON gear in my trunk at any given time so I am not going cheap on that... My stereo will be budget alpine though, I just need my Pandora with my iPhone 4 and updated speakers all the way around! LOL Thanks for the warm welcome and I am not as die hard as you all may be but I do appreciate the advice because I want a clean looking W126!
ALIAS

Last edited by ALIASBenz; 04-18-2011 at 10:53 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Here is another photo of my W126 named "Sofia" that I thought looked pretty clean... Thanks for the warm welcome...
ALIAS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in