I just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I am located in Nashville, TN. I have been searching for a weekend car for under $4k for quite some time now. I have been through multiple cars trying to see what I would like to settle down with.
Finally, I ran across a 1999 Mercedes C280 on craigslist. He was asking $3700. It was just listed about 2 hours before I saw it so I called him and offered $3k. It was what I had to spend and I was upfront about that with him. How could a 99 be so cheap? It has 259k miles, a broken windshield wiper motor, and the A/C needed work. LOL Thats my kind of car. Below is some info.
Black on Tan
Loaded with power everything.
Interior is immaculate.
Exterior needs some detailing badly. He obviously didn't understand how to detail a car without causing more damage.
Wheels are in terrible condition. Very pitted.
What I have done so far:
1. Had the A/C checked for leaks then refilled. Works awesome now.
2. Ordered a new windshield wiper motor.
3. Replaced the windshield. It was so pitted that I could hardly see at night.
1. Refinish the wheels - I am going to do this myself so this could go horribly wrong.
2. New shocks. This thing has some bad body roll. I am going to stiffen it up with some Bilsteins. I might lower it, but probably not. I'm not crazy about too stiff of a ride.
3. Call dent doctor and have 3-4 small dings popped out.
4. New floor mats - If anyone knows where to get some OEM ones for less than MSRP let me know.
5. Wash, Clay, Polish, wax
6. Clean and condition Leather seats.
7. Tint the windows. I'm not going Limo tint, but I want it dark.
Here are some crappy cell phone pictures for now. Once I get her cleaned up I will take some better pictures.