Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Born in my dads mercedes

468 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,and thanks administrator of benzworld for the warm welcome.I have been with mercedes all my life since day one.I can say this because i was born in a 1958 four door deisel,that my dad had at the time.My parents opened up a pawn shop in town,near Cannon Air Force base,where my dad had just retired from.When it was time,my dad called hospital at the base and said they were on there way. Well they didn't make it,and i was born in the car in front of the base hospital.

Up until a few years ago,i had not realized it,but my intitials are the same as mercedes benz, MB for Michael Beaulieu,and my dad let me sit on his lap and steer the mercedes i was born in,when i was at the age of 3 yrs. Then 20 years ago i bought a 450slc hardtop w/moonroof.
And last week i purchased a 1996 sl 320 red conv. for my fiance. I have always loved the way mercedes does overkill on everything.I love to work on them,and to drive them too.
The way i found out about benzworld was from looking on google to figure out how to repair the leaking cylinders on my r129's rag top. The car came from the houston area,it has 53,000 orig miles,is very clean,and drives great.The only problem it has are these darn cylinders. But after reading all the great info all you nice people out that had to post in benzworld,i have figured out how to fix it myself.
I would like to thank all of you that participated in posting threads about this topic. It saved me a ton of money,and aggrivation dealing with mechanics that dont know what they are doing,and messing up my car,and then i have to fix it myself anyway.
So my hat is off to you folks that participated, oh, and i live in the U.S. near Amarillo Tx. and I am 51 yrs old,i love cars, i have around 20 in my collection. Chevy's, porche's,cadillacs,mercedes,mg midget,fiero,etc.
Thanks again everyone your the best.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Benzworld

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.