Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OMG DAM DEALERSHIP

804 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  lkchris 
#1 · (Edited)
OK I own a 2002 c230 kompressor 2drcoupe. It has the panoramic sunroof right and the original is not working because the previous owner decided to repair it himself and made it worst and of course damaged some parts. I went to the dealship yesterday and i wanted to see how much was to order the whole frame with all new parts and it turned out to cose 4035.00 :stupid:

I told the guy how does a 1000 dollar option when you buy the car new turn out to be 4000?????????? how do you make money off that.
he smiled and just looked away.:surrender:

Does anyone else think they are just giving me a BS price.
Who knows where i can get parts for this. can i call another mercedes dealership?

#2 ·
Sunroof repairs are expensive, especially from the dealership. If it is stuck closed, I would just leave it alone. Not worth putting thousands into an unnecessary repair.

#3 ·
Well Yeah I know tha but I fixed everything else on this car and i want to get this done. Any tips in how to get this done from the dealship. I know for a fact my dealership is wack beyond believe. there smart asses and rude. I feel uncomfortable there. I seriously know for a fact the parts are not that expspensive but i know the labor is a pain but thats not what i am worrying about i need to get the parts i need and the real price

#7 ·
+2 on the salvage yard idea. When you get a new sunroof, especially the larger one on that model, you should immediately and twice a year from then on, lubricate the rails and tubes to help prevent any future problems. Most sunroof issues stem from lack of maintenance and as you know, these cars thrive on maintenance.

#8 · (Edited)
Does anyone else think they are just giving me a BS price.
Not me.

But I do think you're clueless when it comes to Economics 101.

There is a cost involved in stocking, shipping, and selling spare parts and in addition economies of scale are tremendous at the assembly line and with the big ships full of new cars crossing the Atlantic. You understand, of course, that these parts come from Germany, not Sri Lanka or wherever?

A very familiar example is the trailer hitch for ML or GL--it's a $555 option factory fitted, $2k to retrofit at the dealer.

There is bascially ZERO relationship between the factory option price and the spare parts price at a dealer.

With a little legwork on your part, you can look up the part numbers for the items you need here: http://epc.startekinfo.com

... and then enter those part numbers here
https://www.getmercedesparts.com/oem-Mercedes-parts.html
to learn the MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) as well as this dealer's usual 20% off price (pre-freight).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.