LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 2013 SL550, 2011 E550 4-Matic, 2010 S550, 2010 BMW X3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Just got word that my car and several others well past their expected delivery date were at the dealer when they opened this morning. I am told that these cars had sat at the yard in Brunswick for nearly two weeks after their release due to the incompetence or inability of the trucking company to get them to the dealer.

If my dealer had not pushed hard and the regional MB rep not pushed hard the car would still be sitting there for another week or more. These guys were great and have my most sincere appreciation for their efforts and making things happen!

Apparently MBUSA had previously used a company called Wagoners to transport cars to the dealers. I am told that Wagoners did an exceptional job and were a good credible, capable and reliable company. However, MBUSA renegotiated their contracts and Wagoners was replaced by Centurion(?) it seems due to $ savings. Maybe this new company bit off more than they were willing or able to do? So while saving money on transport, MBUSA lost the benefits of Wagoners on time delivery, credibility, reliability and overall superior performance.

One might conclude that MBUSA gave up credibility, reliability and performance. But that can't be true, could it? I mean those are some of the most basic traits---maybe even the core foundation---for making the financial sacrifice to own a Mercedes in the first place! With that said, it's likely that MBUSA got stuck with a bad contract---just like some parts have flaws and must be recalled. Hopefully MBUSA will begin to take ownership and action to fix this one low, but critical, point in an otherwise pleasant car buying experience.

Thankfully, the cars---certainly in my case---are backed by dealers and regional reps that are honest, credible, professional, dedicated to customer service and focused on caring for those who own, buy and appreciate these fine automobiles! I can't say enough good things about this part of my experience.

Thanks for the advice, encouragement and letting me vent. My appreciation to the management, admins and moderators for providing the forum.
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 01:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Good to hear you got your car. ENJOY!
I am still not buying the story about delay. They informed you before that car was taken by trucking co and now they are telling you that the car was sitting that whole time at the yard? BS.
Than can't imagine a trucking company would not pick up the load. It is extremely competitive business lately and if one company is not sending a truck, one phone call will have other company trucks at you gate in just few hours.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: