Date registered: Sep 2009
Vehicle: nothing broken. finally!
Location: lexusville. population: old people.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no cheapest full version is 1200L or around 2200$
there are some chinese copies for less than that but remember you have few issues to contend with here. hardware and then the software and keys and expirations and a host of other tidbits that require new data to operate
the oem one (baum and others) are hilariously overpriced although they are cool. the problem with those is they are really well coded to only work with MB subscriptions which will run you a few grand a year alone
let me add this since i've started. you need
1. the multiplexer and all plugs for various models.
2. the software
3. the software that makes the software work (keys, updates, subscription data)
4. a computer to run that on
There are 2 ways to do that:
1. get the multiplexer and computer COMBO. The computer comes loaded for SDS operation only. Usually a T30, the older ones.
2. get the multiplexer and the das software version of your choice. Get it to work with the codes and updates. This way you can run it on a system of your choice.
But like i said it is very iffy and may not work until you get the hardware/software combo right and install/setup precisely. It is an awesome thing to play with if you have a few grand to throw around for it.
Or if you are super baller, get the oem stuff and subscribe to mercedes. It will give you massive bragging rights if nothing else.
protip: certain cars have certain systems locked so even the dealer has to call and get authorization to mess with them. There are ways around that if you are running an aftermarket scanner.
good luck and enjoy
vw phaeton. when vw copies mercedes, but forces you to service it next to golfs and jettas
Last edited by gyrate; 03-04-2011 at 04:26 PM.