Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Car wont stat can not move gear lever

901 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
Hi my Mercedes E-Class,E240,V6,W210 has been parked up since last Sunday when i went to start it up after 6days it started up o.k 1st time then i let it warm up when i try to change the gear to D it would not go down at all. So i switch off the ignition and restarted the car but now it wont start up again so i left it alone after i got back from work i started pressing hard on the barke pedal and got the gear lever to come out of P got it into N and the car started moved it to D and done a test drive.
When i got back i could not move into R so i pressed a flat screw driver in the override bit and move from D to R back to park and switch off car.
Next day i changed the brake light switch same problem sametimes starts up sometimes not.So when i got it started i took it to a garage and switch it off went to see him when he came to the car it would do the samething so i just tryed pushing the brake pedal hard down and move the gear lever so i got it to start then i switched off the car tryed to start up again this time it would not start up again at all.:crybaby2::surrender:
Brake switch has been replaced so has the starter moto could it be gearshift seclector module and if yes can they not be fixed in any way?
Please help :thumbsup:

#2 ·
Welcome to Benzworld

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.