Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replacement key/Benz e430

12K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wana9673 
#1 ·
I just broke my mercedes key and called the dealer. They said I have to order it from Germany for a replacement.:eek: Does anyone know how much this will cost me? Im thinking anywhere from $250 to $350....Thanks.....

#2 ·
This range is about correct for the US.

How did you break it, if it is just the cover, you could buy cheap keys from eBay and swap the covers.

If you dropped it and it does not work any more, it is quite possible that the power coil has lost solder contacts, this can be repaired.

#4 ·
Smart Keys are about $225, and come from thr MB parts depot in Texas or the other depotin the east. They are coded with the proper code and the mechanical key, If you have the old style it will be replaced with the newer chrome case. There is no coding (programming) by the dealer. The remotes are ordered as a "replacement" which wipes out the other, I has to be carefully ordered so it does not remove the other. The other option is to order "additional" which just adds another, you may have the other removed but that requires a visit to the sevice bay.
You will required to show postive ID and present your DL when you order, it is usually 2-3 day service

#5 ·
@ Diesel Benz --The kids and I were playing and jumping around and the key fell out my pocket and I stepped on it and crushed it to pieces....:( :(

@ Mr.Bobby---Thanks, that's kind of you.

@ Peter Guenther---Thanks. My car is paid in full, so I shouldn't have any problems providing proper documentation....I think my best bet is to just order it from the dealer to make sure it's done correctly.

Thank you all for you input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.