LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello Fellow Members

My name is Andrew. I just purchased a left-over 2010 GLK. I am also a 2004 Zo6 Corvette owner and I am very pleased with my GLK. It turns as precisely as my Corvette and I am extremely impresseed the GLK's sportscar-like handling!! To date I have had the RENNTECH ECU upgrade (which made a dramatic increase in acceleration) done at Sarasota MB, and am now looking to replace the stock air filters with K&N's. I have used K&N's for years without any problems however I have read some threads where people have eluded to MAF's being contaminated with oil from the filters. What is the general consensus, and will use of non- MB parts void my warranty?
Also has anyone had any problems with rock chips (2 of which I had professionally repaired with resin) because of the almost straight angle of the windshield. I remember Toyota CJ's having the same problem which caused Toyota to resolve the problem with a thicker windshield.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Welcome to Benzworld Andrew. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

At the bottom of the page you will find forum jump, click on this and view all the available sub forums.

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: 2000 E320 Original Owner 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, I had a 2003 ZO6. I really enjoyed the car and miss it. I would recommend posting your problems in the specific forum for your vehicle. A lot of people don't check out this forum so you may miss many of the experts that constantly post in your specific vehicle's forum.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: