Date registered: Jul 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
240D engine questions
I received a 1983 240D a few years ago from my father. My first question is...
1. As a 240D, is this vehicle suppose to have a 5 cylinder engine?
2. How do I find out what type of engine is suppose to be in this car if not a 5 cylinder?
3. The engine lost compression and will not start. I have rebuilt chevy small blocks before. It there a big difference in engine design beside it being a diesel?
4. Since I have found out that there is not a rebuild kit for this car, would it be cheaper to rebuild myself or should I have a mechanic do it.
5. And last. If this is not the correct engine for this model is there a way to check if the body just has the wrong numbers pasted to trunk? Where would I find the chassis numbers?
Thanks for any help, And i will prob have a bunch more posts as i discover answers to my questions.