post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help please! C200 not starting up.

Hi,

Having problems with Mercedes C200. Forgive my ignorance, but I really am totally clueless.

Car does not respond at all to electronic key. There's a red light which flashes briefly when I push the buttons on the key, and I read somewhere that this indicates there's no problem with the battery (true/false?).

Anyway I called up a Mercedes dealer, and was told to try changing the battery, and if that didn't help, to arrange for the car to be sent in.

I've been checking online on how to change the key battery, but oddly enough couldn't find anything. Closest thing I got were some videos on Youtube, but my key seems to be different from the ones on there.

The keys in the videos seem to have a metal key which slides out of the electronic key, which is then used to open up the electronic key. My key doesn't have this metal bit, so I don't know how to even get the key open.

No spare key either.

The key also does not turn in the ignition. I also read somewhere that battery or not, the key should be able to turn (true/false?)

Any help is greatly appreciated! Really need the car working ASAP.

Regards
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in