Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New 300 SLK - Now what? What do I have?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  JoeVal 
#1 ·
OK, bought the wife a new 2011 300 SLK. Loaded with everything available. But being a motorhead of sorts, I surely would like to know more about the car. But MB seems to be rather stingy on what manuals it makes available. I have absolutely no plan on doing anywork myself on this gem (I do work on my 72 BMW and 93 Cadillac) but without ANY reference materials on the MB I can only "guess" where the battery is, what kind of lifters it has, O/H cam? Oil drain plug?
I can't find ANYTHING that will detail what I have !! Is the top hydraulic? Or electric?

Does anyone know where I can find even BASIC repair or reference manuals for a new SLK? I'm not asking for blueprints of Fort Knox (which I bet are easier to find, and cheaper) !!!

(My first post at this forum) Thanks All !!!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I can't imagine the owner's manual doesn't mention at least something with respect to the location of the battery.

MB hasn't made a pushrod engine in quite some time, unless you want to count Illmor Indycar engines.

Actually, I went to mbusa.com and, goshdarnit, here's what I found:

Mercedes-Benz USA - SLK300 Roadster - Specs

Seems like a good bit of reference info.

#5 ·
That's right, everything from specs, to diagnostics, to parts, to variables... Everything you wish to know about the car, and more... All official and kosher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.