Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

G'day from Oz

483 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
Just bought my fourth MB - this time a Nov 95 built W124 (I think) E220 Wagon with leather, a sunroof, two airbags and, as far as I can tell, no other options. It's in gleaming white, which might sound tragic, but is actually a good choice in Victoria, where we can get a bit of sun.

It was originally owned by the Polish embassy then by a well known Victorian family who seem to have maintained it with no expense spared until the last three months or so. I've even managed to buy it with a decent three year warranty despite the 222,000 kms already done. So this one might create a new record for the longest I've kept a car, the plan being to sell it with around six months warranty still on it to make it more attractive to the next owner. Mind you, having been in or around the motor trade for the last thirty odd years, the record is only about a year - and that's my current other car!

It sits in the garage next to a 320bhp Mazda MX5 (Miata) turbo. The MB will become my daily driver for around 3,000 kms per week as I get around country Victoria selling domestic solar electricity generating systems. Doing this many kilometres was becoming hard work in the MX5 especially at my advanced age and more especially as the MX5 has become more and more a track day car. The MX5 was also not much good for having the occasional sleep in, whereas at 5ft 9ins I fit perfectly in the back of the MB! My Golden Retreiver also prefers the extra space over the MX5, which he would only fit in with the passenger seat removed.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Benzworld. Please complete your profile as this will help members give you the most accurate answer to your questions. Location is also important when we need to help you find parts etc. This forum is for introductions only and all questions should be posted on the appropriate sub forum for your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.