LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Vito Bi-Xenon headlamps in Europe

Being new to the site I did not 'Read The *** Manual' and have already posted this in the New Introduction Section. Apologies if you think you are seeing double. Here it is again in the right forum:

I have just ordered a new Vito 122 cdi which I will be using in the UK and abroad. I have ordered the Bi-Xenon option but it has just occurred to me that I am not sure whether this is a good idea considering I will be doing a fair amount of driving in Europe. I have the dealership whether I am going to have problems when driving on the right, but they seem very slow to get back to me, and to be honest, I would rather hear from someone who has actually experienced the problem and what the solution is, if indeed there is a problem at all.

I can't find any info on the web regarding the Vito in particular, but there seems to me various mentions of issues with other Mercs where the lights have to be adjusted at a dealership, which seems a bit crazy. I will be doing a couple 1 or 2 day trips a month and so don't really want to use a stick on solution, and am not even sure whether they work with bi-xenon.

Are they actually worth the extra £800 or so?

If anyone can give me some advice based on hard earned experience it will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Which cars have you been driving previously? I thought most did not have any adjustment for driving abroad on the opposite side but you had to tape the asymmetry off.

I did not find the info for the Vito but sedan models have had a lever in the head lamps that was intended to be adjusted by a dealer but can be adjusted by the owner too (and can easily be broken).

Latest sedan models have intelligent Xenon lights where the asymmetry can be switched off from the instrument cluster menu. This is not available for halogen lights. I would suggest you to check with your dealer (or someone who really knows) that you get similar intelligent Xenons if those are available for Vito.

By the way, this is a US forum and most are not aware that a car can have the steering wheel on the right (kidding, a bit), you would probably get better info from a UK forum like MBClubUK where owners like yourself visit France and other parts of the continental Europe.
MBClub UK Forums - Mercedes Forum run by Mercedes Enthusiasts
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply. I did not realise that I was actually on the wrong continent! Geography never was my strong subject.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: