Dealership complaint - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
They have been fes members who bought CPO cars and didn't have the problems with warranty you are saying. Did you try to call 1 800 FOR MERC and make a complain about the dealer? I heard the CPO puts lot of requirements on the car. If the dealer didn't do it right -they might have to take the car back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 2011 E 350 4matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
They have been fes members who bought CPO cars and didn't have the problems with warranty you are saying. Did you try to call 1 800 FOR MERC and make a complain about the dealer? I heard the CPO puts lot of requirements on the car. If the dealer didn't do it right -they might have to take the car back.
Yes I called. My car has been in their shop since Friday morning. No answers yet. Who knows, I might win.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: '07 GL320CDI
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
CPO warranty does NOT cover cosmetic items.

It covers mechanical things and that's a lot more than "nothing."

Sorry you didn't understand CPO when you purchased the car.

Kent Christensen
Albuquerque
'07 GL320CDI
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 01:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1962 W111 220SE Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My CPO covered lots of work including checking my transmission which of course came with a fluid and filter refill, free, replacing most of the front suspension that had worn, free, replaced flex disc, free, replaced motor and transmission mounts, free, and a few other things that would have been costly to me otherwise. None of the dealers I dealt with ever once balked at any warranty claim because it was spelled out in my written warranty what was covered and what wasn't. Did you get a copy of your warranty? Did it say these things would be covered? If so, yes you are owed them, and yes you would win in a small claims court. If it doesn't say they are included then you have nothing to be upset about as it's not their responsibility. I'm curious what you find out, let us know.

-Marrs

The Coupe Group (W111/112 coupes and cabs)official website
The Coupe Group on Facebook

"Too many people are working at jobs they hate, to buy things they don't particularly want, to impress people they don't even care about." --Dr. Deepak Chopra
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 03:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B15M View Post
The car is out of the factory warranty. It comes with a CPO warranty for one year or 100,000 miles. The question is, what does that warranty cover. The answer I'm finding out is nothing. It's left up to the dealer whether it's standard wear or abuse or broken. They never say broken so, it doesn't get covered.

I bought the car with these things wrong because I didn't see them. I trusted the dealership because it has the mercedes name on it. In reality, what I should have done is take the car to a mechanic and pay to have it checked.

I haven't given up on the idea of suing in small claims court. In Ct there are laws about a dealer warrantying a car. Even if there isn't a written warranty.
If I go to small claims and loose, no big deal. I'm out about $100.00
If I win, they have a judgement against them and I get the car fixed.
its not up to the dealer if they want to cover it or not, if its covered its fixed, its its not covered then you pay or dont fix it. anytime a CP cars come in the shop, there is a section of netstar that we use to run coverage on a part, it comes back with a 100% covered decision or a 0% which means its not covered. if the dealer wants to goodwill it or split the cost with the customer they can. but personally i think you messed up when you bought the car. you were in a rush to buy a car and didnt take the time to look over the car. just cause it says mercedes on it doesnt mean its gonna be perfect. every customer i have come accross has the understanding that if they buy a mercedes, that they wont have to pay for anything, everything is handed to them for free cause its (mercedes benz) and thats not the case. now you can do like everyone else and raise hell and start crying and hope it gets fixed for free or suck it up and lessened learned, you need to inspect a car first before buying it.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower View Post
its not up to the dealer if they want to cover it or not, if its covered its fixed, its its not covered then you pay or dont fix it. anytime a CP cars come in the shop, there is a section of netstar that we use to run coverage on a part, it comes back with a 100% covered decision or a 0% which means its not covered. if the dealer wants to goodwill it or split the cost with the customer they can. but personally i think you messed up when you bought the car. you were in a rush to buy a car and didnt take the time to look over the car. just cause it says mercedes on it doesnt mean its gonna be perfect. every customer i have come accross has the understanding that if they buy a mercedes, that they wont have to pay for anything, everything is handed to them for free cause its (mercedes benz) and thats not the case. now you can do like everyone else and raise hell and start crying and hope it gets fixed for free or suck it up and lessened learned, you need to inspect a car first before buying it.
You are 100% wrong.
They have a huge check list of things that have to be done or checked for defect before they can sell the car as certified. The retailer has responsibility to help as the expert in the field. The true fact is that they certified a car that should have been fixed first. It's really a fine line but if I push, it's fraud.

The thing is that in business it's a two way street and we have to work together. When you go in with an attitude like yours, it's a recipe for disaster.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
CPO warranty does NOT cover cosmetic items.

It covers mechanical things and that's a lot more than "nothing."

Sorry you didn't understand CPO when you purchased the car.
How long is the car designed to last? If the answer is 30,000 miles I'm wrong.
When things break that early, I think it's a defect. I understand about break pads but, these items should be still working at this stage.

When you buy the car, no one shows the CPO warranty, they just talk about what they do to certify the car.

When the engine stops working, they will tell me, "It's normal wear and not covered"
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 06:09 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: W215-CL500, W208-CLK320, W140-300SE
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B15M View Post
You are 100% wrong.
They have a huge check list of things that have to be done or checked for defect before they can sell the car as certified. The retailer has responsibility to help as the expert in the field. The true fact is that they certified a car that should have been fixed first. It's really a fine line but if I push, it's fraud.

The thing is that in business it's a two way street and we have to work together. When you go in with an attitude like yours, it's a recipe for disaster.
Sorry to hear you are disgruntled, but none of the items you are trying to get fixed (except perhaps the bulge in the tire, but you said it could be from hitting a pothole) are required for a safety certification.

Everything that you want fixed is cosmetic wear and tear on a soon to be 5 yr. old car, so just pay a few bucks to get them fixed if it's really important to you. It would be petulant of you to decide to give up on owning a MB for such a trivial issue.

Good will works both ways and the dealership is in business to make money, as no one works for free. Look at the facilites of a MB dealership -- very impressive, imo.

When you have a legitimate warranty issue, I'm certain they will do their part to honor the warranty.

"One Good Thing About Music, When It Hits - You Feel No Pain"
Bob Marley
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
I picked up my car today.

I decided to go to the local tire store and buy one. When I got there they looked at the tire and told me that it could be warrantied. When they called Continental, they were told that they don't make that tire anymore.
The tire store also told me that it's dangerous to drive on the tire with the bubble. They were surprised that the dealer let me drive off with the tire like that. "They should have at least put on the spare." I was also told that I have to buy 4 tires because with a 4matic they all have to match.

I called the Mercedes dealership and told them that I wanted to buy a new tire. I was informed that they bought the tires from a close out and couldn't get a replacement. They advised that it's OK to buy just 2.

I don't trust the dealership at all anymore and will never go there again.
Tomorrow I will buy 4 new tires and cut my losses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in