BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 1999 S500,
Location: chester, uk
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just bought 1999 clk230 kompressor with problems
I'm new to Mercedes ownership and brand new to this Mercedes forum!!
I just bought a 1999 CLK230K from a good friend for very cheap with 116k miles.
She has a few problems that need addressing I dont want expensive diagnosic fees from car shop. Here goes...
1) an annoying rattle when the car pulls away from a stop and when going slower than walking speed, when the car comes to a complete stop the noise ceases!! (making it difficult to pin piont what is rattling)! Seems to be coming from by the air box on the left hand side of engine in front of cooland tank.
2) asr/bas light permanently illuminated, it has been -10 here where I live and the asr not working (by the way this car is awful in snow/icey roads)! The car just spins with no warning triangle light at centre of speedo, the button does nothing. I have seen on here about brake light switch on brake pedal but the brake lights work?? if someone cound illaborate!
3) I have 1 plastic electronic key fob which is looking worse for wear with holes on button exposing innards! where do i cheaply buy another and programme it?
4) The sound system is awful! it has 8 speakers but sounds really muffles no matter what I do with settings
5) Fuel consumption round town is 19mpg (this can't be right)
Please tell me what to look out for and which bits need greasing/maintaining to preserve its life! Its really comfortable to drive, fast, turns heads but i am having doubs about my old Mercedes!!
Many thanks I will appreciate any help!
Last edited by serridge; 12-07-2010 at 01:25 PM.