LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ID this instrument cluster pls

Hi all, just home with a Vito 119 in the Middle East - I cannot figure out how the controls work from the steering, for example, to set the clock, or check the oil level, and reset the maintenance.

It runs a V6 3.5L engine, I think the same as the S350, ML350, etc. so I'm hoping someone will recognize the instrument cluster (in the Vito forum, the dash pics I found are different, as are the control instructions).

The instrument cluster is signed Magneti Marelli, and there are two knobs on the left, marked M and R; and two other knobs on the right, marked + and - plus there are the four pairs of controls on the steering wheel.

You'll be happy to know that the Merc dealer here is just as supportive as elsewhere... donkey!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 1991 300E
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vito - Online Owner’s Manual in English

Google is our friend. Oddly, it pointed me here: - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum > Mercedes-Benz Vans/Trucks/SUV/Others > V-Class > Owners manual for vito.

Welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to complete your profile, including your location and your vehicle's year and model. This information can prove very useful to folk that might offer you help.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-29-2010, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Nov 2010
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cheers - funnily enough the same link through Google brought me here to benzworld! LOL

Although a lot of the info there matches, the instrument cluster doesn't. Here's what they say they should look like: Online Owner's Manual [In depth | At a glance | Instrument cluster variants]

I got a clue from the MB service chap just now that the ASSYST controls would follow those of an S-Class... but again none look the same online...

Hope to be a regular contributor here on benzworld!

2005 Vito 119, 3.5L V6, 8-seater, Middle Eastern specs
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: