BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1989 alpine white 420 sel; 2002 silver ml 500; 2008 subaru wrx sti; 1957 porsche 356 speedster (kit)
Location: tuscaloosa, AL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Intro from Tuscaloosa, AL
Recently purchased a 1989 420 SEL. I am having a handful of problems:
1) odo stopped rolling after I fueled up and hit the trip reset button
2) only AC works, no heat when temp gauge cranked to the max temp
3) right rear passenger window doesn't work (from front and back controls)
4) engine smell in the cabin during idling only
5) front passenger seat does not incline nor decline...no motor sounds under the seat
I've been reading through a lot of the posted forums and found possible answers....but I just don't have enough know-how to repair this on my own.
However, this is a great forum for answers to any mercedes model.