BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1983 300tdt
Location: western edge of sacramento valley
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just thought i would post the finale to my experience.
turns out that the string attached to the accelerator linkage was a great - but none of my friends thought it was safe. so i was anxious for the part to arrive. couldnt afford expidited shipping.
i replaced the throttle linkage thingie in the dark - i was excited to see if this would solve my problem. ive only owned the car a month and was sad to not be driving it.
the hardest part was separating the ball joint - not easily pried - rather hitting it repeatedly with a nylon hammer did the trick.
so, the next morning - i drove it all around my hills and presto - the problem is completely solved - the shifting is improved from initial ownership - the gas mileage is as beefy as it was, and it seems as though the car is even faster than it was.
me happy. thanks for all your help.