post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post 240 GD advice (W460 G-Wagen)

Hello all,

We have an old 240 GD in our family; purchased sometime in the early 1980's. I'm looking into the feasibility of doing a restoration project and would be interested to hear back from anyone who has brought back a W460 from that time frame.

Our Wagen is in very poor condition; hasn't spent a day of its life in a garage and rust is quite visible. There is also metal fatigue in areas such as the bonnet as it seems to be dipping down towards the engine. Engine itself is undoubtedly in need of a complete overhaul, much like the rest of the vehicle.

Am a fan of the G-Wagen and, if the current restoration is cost prohibitive I'll be looking to purchase a used W461 (probably the 290 TD) in good condition.

BTW, I live in Africa (Nigeria) and any restorative work would entail shipping parts from international sellers; which means I have to pay for part+shipping+duty+clearing+transport+labor...
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: